Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer days, drifting away...

See, I knew I was going to turn into a slacker, yet once again. I suppose if I spent a few moments here, instead of playing around on Facebook or my email, or browsing various freebie sites...

I've been enjoying the weather. I supposed most people would not call this weather enjoyable, but I adore the rain. The more the better. You'll have to understand that growing up in SFL, rainy summers are the norm. Living here 10+ years, I still haven't quite adapted to the dry climate and the sad lack of "awesome thunder storms".

Another treat of the summer is our first crop of strawberries. Hubby complained of their diminutive nature, but P ate them up with much gusto, I wasn't able to convince B to try them, but he did like a few of the cherries off our trees.

It also looks as though we may get a crop of apples this fall. I have to admit it's pretty thrilling to see the fruits of our labors, so to speak!

I doubt our poor little tomato plants are going to do much this year (this is the 2nd year in the row too...). Our chives and green onions have come back with full force. My celery which I honestly forgot about it still there, and apparently our dinky carrots of last year sent out seeds, which somehow migrated to the opposite end of the garden box and sprouted.

P has been enjoying his freedom and would love to do nothing more than play with the kids on our street from sunup to sundown. We've also taken to having lunch at the park, which he finds a great novelty. There is something about eating outdoors that just makes a sandwich taste *that* much better.

B took his first set of steps on our wedding anniversary last week! I'm sure it won't be too much longer before those steps turn into running strides in order to keep up with his brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment